Sunday, January 29, 2012

My favorite things about today.,,

1. I had a dream and it featured my grandma, Auntie Anne's pretzels, and Justin Timberlake. Except it turned out Justin was a hologram and I was not happy. Then I woke up. God I want a soft pretzel with cheese!
2. We snuck into swank pool #2, which overlooked the Gulf of Thailand. Thanks again rich people for the use of your ritzy surroundings when I needed an escape from the sand.
3. Pad see lew (flat wide noodle dish) for lunch and Duck Breast with homemade orange/pepper sauce for dinner. Treat yo self! Brad managed to eat four different animals today (bacon, noodle soup with chicken, a few bites of duck breast, and a cheeseburger- hope you are proud Kimmy)
4. Swimming in the turquoise water of the gulf of Thailand.
4. Booking a room with air conditioning for tomorrow! (no wifi though I will be off the grid for the next few days).
5. Meeting English/Australian people who say things like "I reckon..." and "ah, cheers mate" and "rush about" and "I'll just sort it out" and other delightful phrases
6. Listening to the rain in the jungle as I type this blog. However, I will not miss that tiny bungalow. Turns out I don't like mosquito nets and ants in my space. I am proud of myself for going out of my comfort zone and trying something new though.
7. Beating brad relentlessly at Cabaza de Mierda (card game)
8. Geckos crawling on the walls and seeing moneys from afar- I will never look one in the eye again though
9. Reading the book Shantaram, which is super entertaining and I love it!
10. Looking at the Thai spirit houses in front of each residence and guest houses. The Thai are very spiritual and superstitious and they give offerings to these houses on order to appease the spirits of their ancestors and various other spirits so they never enter their homes and instead live in the spirit houses. They are like little tiny temples (see previous blog for photos)
11. Going to sleep, which is where I am headed now! Good evening and sweet dreams to everyone. Hopefully those pretzels come back again- I will even take hologram Justin Timberlake

No comments:

Post a Comment