Thursday, January 19, 2012

More pics of India!

While I have access to a computer I thought I would add a few pics for you to enjoy!

Also, I have to make an addition to my earlier "Bro Love" blog.  While in Delhi I have now met multiple people who have had what we would call "love marriages".  Some of them working out, some not (sound familiar?)  However I did also read a newspaper article claiming that live in relationships prior to marriage are "western social constructs"  and still largely frowned upon!  But, the times they are changing.
If the above video works, you will see me and Sunja dancing at the Lorhi festival in the street.  We took part in several fires around the neighborhood.
 Prime waterfront real estate in Delhi.  If only the camera could capture the smell.  Be appreciative of your bed tonight and think of this place. It was packed with people and yet many of them were still smiling.  Their courage and tenacity humbles me....
 Misty Taj Mahal at sunrise in Agra.  A sight to behold. You would love it Nancy Paterson.
 Elephants, camels, tuk tuks, rickshaws, cars, horses, and trucks all share the streets of Jaipur!  P.S. no pictures are free he wanted some rupees for that shot!
 The colors of India inspire me.  This was a shot from the wedding we witnessed.  So full of family and culture.  The family unit in India is so important and beautiful to see how much they care for one another.
 I love the ruins, temples, forts, and tombs! A culture rich with history.
 A symbol of luck and peace across India.  How dare you Hitler?! Reclaim the peace everyone!





 I have been confused why strangers keep wanting to take pictures with us, yet I keep wanting to take pictures of strangers.  It's all about what is exotic to you. The women and children of India are absolutely gorgeous.  
 "Oh, whats that monkey?  You just sit there looking all cute and innocent with your little face but we all know you really just want my granola bar.  Well guess what, I'm on to your monkey business!".  Photo taken literally one minute before the infamous monkey incident.  Don't be fooled by those good looks.

I feel so lucky to have been able to experience such a different culture and appreciative to be here.  Thank you India, for I am forever changed.  We head to Thailand in just a few days...

P.S. Tenille if you are reading this right now I am drinking a pulpy orange just for you!!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, my coffee tastes better after reading these things. HUGS FROM MONTANA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just finished reading all your posts. Lots of laughs with you and plenty to think upon. THANK YOU, thank you, thank you both. :) You've made my Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I'm reading this, and so happy I can share my love of Pulpy Orange with someone!
    Love to the both of you! -tenille

    ReplyDelete