Sunday, January 1, 2012

Chicago Bound!

Brad left Denver and arrived safely in the Windy City!  After ten days apart I was so thrilled to see him again and show him the sights of one of my most favorite cities.  We hit up Michigan Avenue, checked out some architecture, strolled through the Field Museum and Art Institute, and ate several fabulous meals including amazing bistro sandwiches and authentic Chicago style pizza.  I highly recommend Giordano's if you have never tried it before.  If it has two pounds of cheese and the sauce is on the top of the pizza it's going to be delicious!

Although Chicago is filled with amazing food I have noticed that the Midwest does not appreciate the great combination of chili and lime.  I am already missing some of my favorite regional snacks and I'm making a list of my favorite foods to enjoy upon my return to Denver.  Spicy lime Cheetos and green chili are high on the list, along with Jelly doughnuts and Sushi Den!  However, I can't wait to find out the amazing flavor combinations that await us in Asia.

 


We arrived back in Bettendorf just in time to celebrate the New Year- happy holidays to you and yours! I love drinking in Iowa- $7.00 for two top shelf drinks!

3 days until we depart for India...

1 comment: