Friday, February 17, 2012

Slow boat living

The last few days brad and I spent in Chiang Mai were spectacular. We attended the international horticulture festival, known as Royal Flora! It was like visiting the Disney World of plants, complete with an "orchid zoo" and a 5-D lights and water show with fireworks. I was more pumped than any Thai child there and jumped up and down when the show was complete! Then we saw a lights parade and went on our merry way. We were also lucky enough to watch a performance by Ingrid's stellar group, the Ichy band! I love the live music scene in Chiang Mai.

I had a negative moment a few days ago when I refused to feed a poorly dressed Caucasian drag queen a bite of my pie off my fork, but all was redeemed last night when Brad and I stumbled upon the ladyboy cabaret show! We accidentally found ourselves in the red light Go-go area of Chiang Mai (masaaaaage anyone?) and as I was turning around to leave we saw those delightful girlies giving it their all onstage. We only stayed for a song, but will be back for more upon our return to Thailand. Much to Brad's chagrin he has agreed to accompany me. Best fiancé ever!

Tomorrow we head on a two day boat journey down the mighty Mekong river to Luang Prabang, Laos! This is totally out of my comfort zone but I'm down for the adventure. Those nasty Mosquitos best stay away.

I will report back in a few days to give boat details. Dramamine- check! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment