Saturday, March 3, 2012

Photos from Laos!

 The view from above Luang Prabang, Laos
 The sunset above a mountain in Vang Vieng, Laos
 One view from the hot air balloon!  It cannot even begin to capture the beauty. The river seen below is the river we tubed on the previous day.
 In the balloon!  I look like a five year old on Christmas.
 A shot of a few monks playing the drum.  I loved the moment I captured here.
 Long story.... this was supposed to be a gift, but turns out you cannot transpot Lao whiskey or snakes and scorpions across the border or in the mail.  We had to turn around and sell it back to the woman we bought it from for half the price.  Sorry Atom, no snake juice for you. Brad is glum about this.
The monks recieving their morning Alms in Laos.
 Eating the street food buffet. For $10,000 kip ($1.25) all you can eat vegetarian on the street. 
 Children at the Hmong village (mentioned in a previous blog).  This just about sums it up- please stop breaking my heart.
 Stealing a smile at the Hmong village.  I adore this picture. His kind heart is why I love Brad so much.
 One of the waterfalls (the main one) at Klong Si.  If you look at the top of the main big waterfall where another little waterfall meets it, that is where I swam.  See photo below....
Yes! Life dream complete! I swam under one waterfall and on top of another big one! I just had to be sure to not get swept over the edge of the big one :-)
 One of the many swimming holes at the waterfalls
The flying squirrel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment